If you answer “Yes” to any of the following then you have the right conditions for mold growth in your building.
1. Does your bathroom lack an exhaust fan?
2. Is your home located on a site with poor drainage?
3. Is your house near a river, lake, or ocean?
4. Does your basement ever get wet or have standing water in it?
5. Is your basement unheated?
6. Do you have any of the following in your house: swimming pool, steam bath, large fish tank, large fountain?
7. Do you have un-insulated cold water pipes?
8. Does your roof or flashing leak? Any plumbing leaking or “sweating”?